Thursday, June 25, 2009

its almost done!

Looks like the new system is almost done. All told it will be about 285 gallons. By next weekend I hope to be testing it out for water retention. Will post pics and info when its done.

In other news, I planted Hawaiian sweet corn, swiss red chard, purple bell pepper, Waimanalo long eggplant, and hybrid eggplant. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Discovered that theres a leak in the system. Turns out that the water pressure/weight pushed out the pvc fittings, making me lose 4 buckets of water a day. As I had tweaked the water height (higher) on the raft bed, I thought I had changed the fill rates, didnt occur to me that water was leaking out somewhere.

Going to do a full water change today, as the new water should be dechlorinated (to get rid of the bad salt water)





No comments:

Post a Comment