Sunday, May 10, 2009

Preparing to start



Class was a blast! Pity I got there late, besides running late (damn you, costco) and traffic that started before the merge in Waimanalo, and almost-but-not-quite-accurate maps on iphone, I didnt get there til 1:40, missing a most of the introductory class.
Classes were only from 1pm to 2pm (introductory to Aquaponics) and 3-4:30 (Backyard Aquaponics) but I stayed there til 8:30 asking tons of questions. Glen Martinez was super-helpful and patient. He did not know how to hold back. He told us everything we needed to know on how to not only start our own aquaponics gardens, but about how profitable it was, and told us the tips and tricks he learned even after shelling out thousands on visiting different aquaponics set-ups and lectures in Hilo and in Australlia.

I am planning on setting up the barrels I got and getting up and running real soon!

.Stay tuned.












No comments:

Post a Comment